Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Marbled Tea Eggs



12 eggs
2 tbsps black tea leaves
2 pcs cinnamon bark
3-4 pcs star anie
2 tbsps dark soya sauce
1 tbsp salt
1/4 tbsp sugar

1- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil slowly.
2- When water boils, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and leave eggs to cool.
3- Using back of heavy spoon, crack eggs all over but do not remove shells.
4- Place cracked eggs in saucepan again. Add in tea leave, cinnamon, star anise, dark soya sauce, salt and sugar. Pour in enough water to cover the eggs.
5- Boil for 2 1/2 hours or longer.
6- Drain and allow to cool at room temperature.
7- Peel and cut into wedges.

*tip: Tea eggs are often used in cold dished or as an appetizer.


black tea leave

5 comments:

  1. constantly i used to read smaller content that also clear
    their motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which
    I am reading here.

    Feel free to visit my weblog www.ucsonvc.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why but this web site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem
    still exists.

    My website - http://latestarticles.info/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It's the little changes that produce the most important changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Check out my web site 24option review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, yup this paragraph is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from
    it on the topic of blogging. thanks.

    My web blog; Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent blog you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.

    I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Feel free to surf to my blog - Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete